Many people face the problem of the appearance of warts on the skin.
Neoplasms do not look aesthetically pleasing and can cause physical discomfort, so they are most often removed.
With special remedies for warts, which are offered in a huge assortment on the pharmaceutical market, you can get rid of growths on your own.
Which drug is most effective? Let's try to find out.
What is that
A wart is a growth on the skin or mucous membrane caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
The infection that hits the skin invades cells, changes them, causing accelerated growth and division. As a result, neoplasms are formed from these cells.
Usually warts are benign, but the possibility of malignant degeneration cannot be completely excluded.
Very rarely do growths turn into cancer outbreaks.
Reasons for appearing
In total, there are more than 100 types of HPV that cause various neoplasms to grow.
A common infection is transmitted through household contact and sexually.
Symptoms of infection do not appear immediately: with normal immunity, the virus exists latently in the body.
When the immune system is weakened, the neoplasm begins to grow.
Warts can be triggered by:
- severe acute and long-term chronic diseases;
- hormonal changes and endocrine diseases;
- long-term use of drugs that suppress the immune system (immunosuppressants, hormones, antibiotics);
- physical exhaustion;
- constant nervous breakdowns;
Warts are divided into different types depending on their structure, shape and location.
- Ordinary (vulgar).Rounded dry nodules with a rough surface appear mainly on the fingers and hands, but can affect the skin on other parts of the body as well.
- Plantar.Horny, dense structures that are very painful form on the foot. They are a subspecies of the vulgar warts. Factors that contribute to the growth of neoplasms on the sole are increased sweating of the feet, poor hygiene and wearing tight, uncomfortable shoes.
- Apartment (teen).Rounded structures in pink, flesh-colored or yellowish nuances with a smooth surface practically do not protrude above the surface of the skin. They occur mainly in children and adolescents on the arms, face, back and chest. Often occurs in areas of skin damage.
- Filiform (acrochords).Elongated growths on a thin stem affect areas of skin near the eyelids, nose, and lips. They can appear on the neck, in the folds of skin, under the armpits.
- Genital warts.Soft, elongated growths in white, pink, or red form on the mucous membranes of the male and female genital organs. Mainly sexually transmitted.
- Age-related keratomas.In people over 40, loose structures appear in gray, dark brown or black color. The development of neoplasms is not caused by an infection, but by age-related changes in the skin.
How do you get rid of it?
Removal of warts is carried out in several ways.
At home, folk recipes will help get rid of the wart.
Most often, herbal or other means with caustic and antiviral properties are used. The:
- Celandine juice, rowanberry, sour apples;
- Wormwood decoction;
- Garlic and onions;
- Vinegar essence;
- Tea tree oil.
If treatment with folk remedies has not brought results within a month, you can try to remove the wart with one of the pharmacological drugs or consult a doctor.
In the clinic, the growth can be removed using a laser or radio wave method, cryodestruction or electrocoagulation, surgical excision.
What remedies for warts does the pharmacy offer?
In pharmacies, preparations against warts are offered in a wide range.
Medicines for external use are produced by different pharmaceutical companies, differ in composition and mechanism of action.
Depending on the action, the means of removing growths are divided into 4 groups:
- necrotizing- cauterize tissue neoplasm, lead to death;
- Refrigerant- let the tissue growth die by freezing;
- keratolytic- soften and promote the rejection of pathological tissue;
- Antiviral- inhibit the development of HPV in the source of infection (i. e. in the tissues of the cluster), thus helping to reduce the wart and then to disappear.
It is impossible to say unequivocally which remedy for neoplasms is the best.
Any medication can help in one case and not at all in another.
It is better that the doctor prescribes the medicine, taking into account the contraindications and the individual characteristics of the patient.
Cautery solution for external use based on phenol and tricresol. Causes the protein to clot (coagulate), which leads to tissue death.
Used for removal:
- Warts (common, filiform, plantar);
- Genital warts on the skin;
- dry calluses.
The drug should not be used to remove warts from between fingers, mucous membranes and areas of skin with increased sweating.
Destruction of birthmarks and treatment of children under 7 years of age, simultaneous treatment of skin areas with a total area of over 20 square meters. see If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, the product is also not used.
- The drug is applied once to roundabouts and growths less than 2 mm in size.
- Larger structures, senile keratomas and dry calluses are lubricated 3-4 times intermittently to dry the applied solution.
Before removing plantar warts, steam the skin and remove the keratinized tissue, then lubricate the growth 7-10 times.
If necessary, the treatment is repeated after a week. The maximum course duration is 5 sessions.
Salicylic and lactic acid solution
The solution contains salicylic and lactic acid, polidocanol.
- It has a pronounced keratolytic, weakly antimicrobial and local anesthetic effect.
- Softens the build-up of keratinized tissue, promotes its rejection. It is used to remove warts, dry calluses, and genital warts.
- Liquid treatment for warts is carried out 1-2 times a day. Treatment lasts no more than a week.
- It takes 3-4 days to get rid of corns.
- The drug is not suitable for removing birthmarks, treating children under one year of age and people with hypersensitivity to salicylic acid.
Creams and ointments
A wart remedy based on synthetic interferon suppresses the activity of HPV and activates the production of its own protective protein in the body.
- Vitamin E and peach oil, which are part of the preparation, reduce inflammation in the treated tissue and accelerate the regeneration of healthy cells.
- An ointment is applied 2 to 4 times a day and full healing takes from 5 days to a month, depending on the problem.
Ointment with Oxolin has an antiviral effect and suppresses the activity of HPV in the focus of infection.
It is used three times a day for 1-2 months.
Plaster with salicylic acid and sulfur in the composition for removing warts, dry calluses and corns.
The product softens the keratinized tissue and promotes its rejection, has an antiseptic effect and dries out the skin.
- A piece of plaster of paris (cut to fit the structure) is glued to the neoplasm for 1-2 days.
- After removing the patch, the skin is steamed, the softened tissue is removed.
- The procedure is repeated until full recovery.
A drug that helps get rid of normal and plantar growth by freezing pathological tissue.
It is equipped with 12 applicators for the convenience and precision of the manipulations performed.
To remove plantar warts on the feet, it is recommended to use the Cryopharma foot remedy.
- After freezing, a bubble forms on the site of the neoplasm, which disappears 10-14 days after treatment.
- To remove a large deposit, the treatment should be repeated one more time, a maximum of twice, with a two-week break between treatments.
- The drug is not used to remove warts in children under 4 years of age and pregnant women with diabetes mellitus.
Lapis pen is an anti-wart drug based on silver nitrate, which has a caustic and antimicrobial effect.
Treatment of neoplasms is carried out every 10 days for a month.
Castor oil is effective in removing warts from the skin.
- It belongs to the mild remedies, has a mild effect and does not cause any side effects.
- The liquid is rubbed into the problem area every day for a month.
In traditional medicine, castor oil has other indications, and its use for warts is more likely to come from folk recipes.
In order to successfully remove the wart and prevent it from growing again, it is necessary to take medication inside. Applicable:
- antiviral agents- suppress the activity of HPV;
- immunostimulating drugs- activate the immune system.
The tablets act in complex ways on both the virus and the immune system.
Remedies for warts and papillomas: what are the effective drugs in the pharmacy, the best alternative methods
Against the background of the human papillomavirus, warts appear on the skin. These are rather uncomfortable neoplasms that cause physical and psychological discomfort.
Because of this, it is necessary to timely treat neoplasms with appropriate means.
Choice of drugs
Drugs can be antiviral and immunomodulatory, depending on their effect.The action of the first group of drugs is aimed at fighting viruses, and the second at strengthening the immune system, which contributes to the independent fight against neoplasms of the body.
To fight warts, you can use traditional medicine, which is not only effective but also safe. Because of this, their use is permissible for different categories of patients.
In most cases, the application is made:
- Celandine. To get rid of growths, it is recommended to smear them with celandine juice until they completely disappear. You can get rid of a neoplasm within a few days with the help of celandine.
- Magnesia. The powder of this drug is ingested and taken orally. It is recommended to drink the medicine with plenty of water. The procedure is carried out daily.
- Apples. An apple slice is taken and used to rub the growths. After that, the apple is tied with a thread and buried in the ground.
- Garlic. Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half. The interface needs to be rubbed on the warts.
- Acetic acid.
- Lukas. A medium-sized onion should be soaked in vinegar all day. In the evening it is applied to the neoplasm. It is not recommended to remove the device within 10 hours.
Despite the safety of traditional medicines, it is recommended to consult a doctor before use to rule out the possibility of side effects.
Features of choice
To ensure the most effective treatment for growths, it is necessary to choose the right means. If the neoplasm is small, then treatment can be carried out using creams, ointments, gels, alkaline solutions.
The use of oil, plaster of paris, or medical pens is recommended for medium-sized growths.
If the growths are too large, it is necessary to give preference to cryogenic preparations and solutions.
To ensure the rational treatment of growths of different sizes, oral pills are recommended. When choosing a drug, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
In order to avoid the appearance of growths, it is necessary to carry out their prevention in a timely manner. If wounds or cuts appear on the skin, they must be treated with iodine. People are obliged to strictly adhere to the rules of personal hygiene.
To strengthen the immune system and eliminate the cause of the disease, it is recommended to take immunomodulators.
Warts are a rather unpleasant new growth that can be treated with medication. For their treatment, traditional medicines or folk remedies can be used, which are selected individually.
Remedies for warts in the pharmacy - a list of effective drugs for removal
Human papillomavirus (HPV) causes warts on the body. It is activated in case of stress, decreased immunity and other provoking factors. To get rid of growths of different etiology, various drugs are used.
For example, the pharmacy sells a remedy for warts in the form of a liquid, which effectively removes plantar chickens.
To freeze papillomas on the hands, it is better to use special aerosol cans for painless removal of warts at home.
What are warts
Benign growths on the skin and mucous membranes that result from HPV infection are called warts. They are available in different sizes from 1 to 15 mm, location and type.
The fusion of several growths is possible, as a result of which large tumors with a hemispherical or conical shape are formed. Papillomas do not initially differ in color from the skin, but over time the neoplasms turn brown or even black.
Treatment with purchased remedies for warts in a pharmacy is best carried out comprehensively:
- outward- to remove neoplasms;
- systemic antiviral- to destroy HPV;
- systemic immunomodulators- to strengthen immunity.
Remedies for papillomas in the pharmacy
Unfortunately, not all therapies for skin papillomas and warts give 100% results. There is always a chance that the neoplasms will grow back after some time after they go away. For this reason, it is advisable to start the treatment of warts and papillomas with drugs that are available at the pharmacy.
If they don't help, then only then move on to more aggressive and expensive procedures (laser, cryodestruction, and others). Or, get started right away with the most effective, safe, and modern cryo-medication, the use of which will provide a guaranteed result with no likelihood of relapse in the future.
In a pharmacy you can find pills for papillomas and warts, which should be taken as part of complex therapy. Getting rid of the virus from within will help:
- An immunomodulatory drug with non-specific antiviral effects. Take the tablets with water after meals. The daily dose for children from 3 years of age with a body weight of 15 kg and adults is 50 mg / kg body weight. The average duration of treatment is 5 to 14 days. Contraindications to taking the drug are children under 3 years of age, chronic kidney failure, gout, arrhythmia, urolithiasis, hypersensitivity to the components.
- Homeopathic medicine based on crushed oyster shells. To remove papillomas, this remedy should be used at a dosage recommended by a homeopath. With self-treatment, allergic reactions in the form of rash, urticaria and focal redness can occur.
The most popular means of removing papillomas in the pharmacy is an ointment. It should be noted that these funds are used over the long term to achieve a visible effect - sometimes up to several months.
Ointments for warts are effective, but their dense composition causes inconvenience: they are absorbed for a long time, leave marks on clothes. Creams and gels for treating skin growths are more practical.
They are absorbed faster without losing their effectiveness. At the same time, a quick healing of warts is usually not possible with this dosage form.
Acid for warts
Among the pharmacy products that are dispensed without a doctor's prescription, acidic drugs are effective. They are corrosive to papillomas and warts. However, they have serious disadvantages, such as the appearance of chemical burns and visible scars on the skin.
Preparing to freeze warts
A few years ago, cryodestruction was only performed in specialized medical centers. Today skin growth freezing can be done at home. For self-removal of warts by cryodestruction, a modern drug is most often used.
The principle of action is based on the quick and painless freezing of warts along with roots. It is applied once - within two weeks of a point application of the drug, the wart will go away, leaving no scars or scars on the skin.
In addition to its high effectiveness, the safety of the drug and the absence of side effects (allergic reactions, chemical burns, dermatitis, etc. ) can be noted. One bottle can remove 12 warts.
Solution for warts
A liquid drug for warts is also sold in a pharmacy. The solution not only corrodes the papilloma, but also coagulates its proteins, preventing relapse.
There are special liquids for the chemical removal of skin growths.
Many people prefer to buy a remedy for warts on their hands in the pharmacy in the form of drops. Processing with this form of release is very convenient and does not take much time.
The best remedy for warts and papillomas
It is difficult to choose the best among all the remedies for warts sold in pharmacies, because they affect everyone in different ways.
Nevertheless, there are innovative and versatile tools which, in the vast majority of cases, show a pronounced effectiveness from an application. Currently, the most effective and versatile remedy for warts is aerosol.
Its effect is based on today's most modern cryodestruction method.
Removing a wart at home takes about a minute - after applying the drug, the wart "freezes" painlessly and disappears on its own within a few days. The aerosol treats warts in one application without triggering allergic reactions and without scars or scars on the wartLeaving skin behind.
Wart remedies: the best
The use of cauterizing drugs is not entirely safe. There is a completely different direction for the destruction of warts, namely with the help of ultra-low temperatures. As a rule, liquid nitrogen is used for this.
No preparation is required, you can do everything yourself, since there is no special movement technique for this. Freezing warts immediately will relieve the pain immediately or, in extreme cases, cause only mild discomfort.
The cold immediately coagulates the vessels, and therefore bleeding does not occur with such removal methods. With proper use of liquid nitrogen, cryodestruction does not lead to the formation of scar tissue. What modern drugs are sold in pharmacies for removing warts in extreme cold?
Typically, the cooling time will vary depending on the size of the wart. With small formations it is 10 seconds, with plantar formations that are covered with a thick layer of keratinized epidermis, the exposure time can be up to 40 seconds.
Usually once is enough. If the wart is old or has a surface that is too keratinized, two or even three sessions of cryotherapy may be required. In the event that the wart has not been removed after 3 sessions, a specialist consultation is required.
However, if you already have warts, don't despair. There are many ways that will help you remove warts once and for all. You just need to check what kind of growths are benign or malignant. A dermatologist and other doctors will help.
There are several groups of topical drugs that help get rid of warts: topical retinoids, antiviral, keratolytic (exfoliating), cytotoxic, emollient, and herbal remedies.
Drugs from this group affect the cause of the disease - human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Some ointments cause virus particles to die off, while others activate the immune response.
Keratolytics remove dead skin cells. Their long-term use will allow you to get rid of the debris.
- Local retinoids are able to stop the growth of epithelial cells and also have an exfoliating effect.
- Emollients accelerate skin healing.
There are 9 types of manifestations of papillomavirus in humans:
- Skin warts or papillomas. The most common type of papilloma and the easiest to remove.
- Papillomas are simple or another name is vulgar. The second most common (manifestation) type of papilloma. Very similar to moles. However, such papillomas usually grow on thin "legs". Such "legs" cause great discomfort to a person, they stick to clothes, are damaged and bleed.
- Papillomas that only form on the soles are plantar. The most painful papillomas known. As the name suggests, they form on the soles of the feet and cause great discomfort when walking.
- Papillomas are flat (more often formed in children). Such papillomas practically do not stick out and do not have "legs", hence the name - "flat". They do not cause any discomfort and are mostly invisible.
- Filamentous papillomas, or scientific name - acrochords. These neoplasms occur in people over the age of 35. They are found in 90% of people over 50. Because with age, immunity decreases and many diseases become noticeable.
- Papillomas that form on the lining of the mouth - Beck's disease. Such growths form on the cheeks and tongue. They look like small wounds that are most common in groups.
- Epidermodysplasia wart (one of the most dangerous, neoplasms can degenerate into malignant tumors). It is very important for the owners of such papillomas to protect themselves from the sun until the growths are completely destroyed.
- Sexually transmitted papillomas - genital candidiasis. They can be near the genital tract and form large growths. However, they can be very small and hide in the genital tract (on the cervix) and urinary tract.