Men's genitals can be affected by trauma, infection, inflammation, and internal pathologies. Every year urologists find resources and drugs and ways to deal with all of these problems. Men themselves should pay attention to the hygiene of the genitals and notice deviations in the appearance and functions of the penis. Sometimes there are obvious manifestations of infection in the form of epidermal lumps of different colors. Papillomas on the penis signal the need to see a specialized urologist and prevent the occurrence of complications that lead to cancer of the genital organ. How to diagnose a virus, what symptoms should be monitored and, most importantly, how to get rid of papillomas on the penis - you will learn all about it in our article.
Varieties and routes of infection
The papillomavirus on the penis occurs as a result of infection through sexual intercourse or through a contact household method (using personal care products in conjunction with a carrier of the infection). The WHO has created a classification that you can use to determine that the papillomavirus is represented by 5 genera and 27 types of infection. Such a grandiose scale is uncomfortably impressive. The papilloma looks like a leathery fungus on a leg, with the help of which it is attached to the genitals. In the photo you can see what such a wart looks like. Such an infection can occur:
- the head of the penis.
They arise on the penis and are the harbingers of cancerous melanoma. Therefore, if a papilloma is detected, it is necessary to immediately contact a urologist for treatment, and it is desirable to stop the infectious process in a very short time. How do genital warts appear? This is facilitated by microcracks and injuries that are not protected during sexual intercourse. But don't think that a condom will save you in all cases, as the virus is transmitted through kissing and oral genital caresses. A man or woman can simply be a carrier of the virus and not even suspect it as they will never observe a manifestation of leathery seals within themselves.
Visiting saunas, baths, swimming pools, and public steam rooms also becomes extreme if you don't protect your genitals from superficial damage. Papillomas on the glans indicate that the infection has moved to a severe stage and there is a risk that the seals will turn into melanoma, as mentioned earlier.
The main symptoms
The incubation period for the development of an infection is individual. Urologists have given assurances that it will take, on average, a month to a year to detect any hardening of the penis. Usually papillomas appear:
- in the area of the penis head;
- Urethra and urinary opening;
- on the foreskin.
After a while, if a quick reaction from the man is not followed, the neoplasms get larger and the boundaries between them disappear. The entire genital organ is affected. What do papillomas look like on the penis - we found out, but what symptoms accompany the infection other than obvious growths on the penis?
- Pain, both at rest and during sexual intercourse. In advanced cases, even the touch of underwear is uncomfortable, especially if it is synthetic and tight.
- Problems urinating, especially if papillomas have spread directly to the head of the penis.
- Burning and itching when penetrating during sexual intercourse.
The papilloma itself can cause inflammation to spread to any tissue or membrane in the penis. First, the growth itself changes color (at first it comes close to the natural color of the skin, and when there is inflammation, it begins to blush, that is, it stands out against the general background). Second, the temperature rises as the inflammatory process takes place. Third, the affected areas hurt constantly, at rest or when the penis is irritated. Do not forget that the risk of developing a malignant neoplasm increases.
- Phimosis (failure of the head of the penis to open) develops due to papillomas.
- Without proper examination (when the treatment of papillomas on the genital organ does not begin due to negligence for one's own health) the disease will pass to an advanced stage.
- Smegma begins to accumulate on the edge of the foreskin.
- Furthermore, there is an interaction of secretions and this smegma, which leads to chronic inflammation of the skin and the penetration of a bacterial infection into the genital organ.
- Erosion occurs.
- It then degenerates into a cancerous growth on the penis.
The doctor will tell you how to treat infectious warts. There are different methods today. Of course, it is necessary to remove papillomas, but first you need to conduct a high-quality diagnosis and check the state of the growth.
Diagnosis and removal of papillomas on the penis
The papillomavirus can be diagnosed with the help of a visual examination of the penis, as well as passing laboratory tests. In order to be able to prescribe surgical intervention, it is necessary to identify:
- That growth is blocking the urethra.
- Deliver significant discomfort not only during intercourse, but also with the rubbing of the affected areas and underwear.
- That the neoplasms themselves did not respond to treatment with a new generation of antiviral drugs.
- That the papillomas on the head of the penis are inflamed.
You can treat papillomas on the genitals using the following techniques:
The complex prescribes drugs that support and strengthen the immune system, tablets and ointments that prevent the virus from spreading over the surface of the genital skin, as well as vitamin preparations (only in conjunction with antiviral gels and creams).
Exposure to a specific chemical
The drug is applied to the affected areas with a special applicator. It is necessary to avoid substances coming into contact with the healthy areas of the penis. The substances are toxic to the cells affected by the disease, but there is also a small side effect - scars are left on the spot where papillomas are burned. Approximately 7-8 procedures may be required for complete healing. The required number of manipulations is determined by the doctor.
This method is used when not only the penis but also the testicles and scrotum are affected. They act on neoplasms with liquid nitrogen, there are no scars and fewer sessions are required than when using podophyllotoxin.
Impact on seals with a laser
The procedure must be carried out by a highly qualified specialist. A laser that removes debris will damage uninfected skin. Removal of the seals is done in the first procedure, but it must be taken into account that wounds and scars are left behind.
Of course, sexual intercourse is prohibited during treatment, so as not to infect any other type of infection. The sections also need to heal, and only a doctor watching the disease progression and healing can allow sexual activity to begin.
Prevention of re-infection
How to get rid of papillomas on the penis, we said. There remain a few general preventive recommendations to add:
- Doctors advise being careful about accidental sexual intercourse. A regular condom can save you from subsequent agony and treatment. Do not forget that the carrier of the papillomavirus may not even be aware of its existence in their body and never observe the development of growths on their genitals.
- Avoid tight underwear.
- Do not use other people's towels, underwear, and personal care products. Even a razor can become a source of disease that has entered the body through a micro-incision.
Strengthen the immune system!