In an effort to get rid of painless, but very unaesthetic warts, some people resort to all kinds of alternative medicine. But do you know how dangerous it is to remove such neoplasms yourself? The article will tell you about the most effective ways to get rid of warts and papillomas in a medical setting.
Papillomavirus as the cause of the appearance of warts on the human body
A wart is one of the most common benign skin growths that many have struggled with. They are usually painless and do no harm. However, these neoplasms look so unaesthetic that they create a perfectly legitimate desire to have them removed.
The wart can be of different sizes - both a few millimeters and several centimeters. The causative agent of the disease is the human papillomavirus, which is transmitted through contact with the patient, as well as through the use of common household items - door handles, towels, combs. Since the source is a virus, it can only be completely cured by defeating it in the body. Today we will talk about the elimination of the external manifestations of the disease. The incubation period of the disease can be more than a month, it can be very difficult to determine when the infection occurred. In addition, the carrier of the virus must not show any visible signs of the disease himself. In addition to the appearance of warts, the virus can cause other types of skin deformities - papillomas, as well as condylomas. Children aged 9-15 are more susceptible to this virus.
There are several types of warts:
- Easy.A widespread species that makes up about 80% of all skin growths. These are round, hard, painless and rough, gray and yellow warts that can be localized either individually or in whole clusters. The most common places of their occurrence are the hands, less often the scalp.
- Just.A rarer species and mainly found in children. These are small, up to three millimeters different forms, tubercles, which barely protrude above the surface of the skin. The face, hands and oral mucous membranes appear most often.
- Plantar.Observed in people of all ages. These are painful warts in the form of dense formations with a keratinized surface. Their appearance is provoked by wearing uncomfortable shoes. Such warts are the most difficult to diagnose because they are difficult to distinguish from old calluses, as well as other diseases of the soles of the feet.
- Filiform.Small warts on the leg with a brownish tinge. Mostly on the neck, eyelids and armpits.
Use of drugs for warts and papillomas
To remove warts, it is recommended that you contact a medical facility where you can get qualified help.
The treatment process begins with an examination. The survey consists of:
- Visual inspection;
- cytological examination;
- molecular biological studies;
The traditional method of treatment is the complete removal of warts or the destruction of the structure of neoplasms with the help of drugs or mechanical influences. Drugs for therapy are selected by a specialist, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
Removing warts at home using alternative medicine is not a safe procedure and carries risks such as:
- Burns or scars on the skin from improperly performed actions;
- the risk of the disease spreading;
- the likelihood of infection in the wound;
- Transformation of the wart into a cancerous tumor.
For this reason, it is better to use pharmacy remedies for warts recommended by a specialist.
The pharmacy network has a number of effective drugs to get rid of problems such as papillomas and warts. When taking medication, you should carefully follow the instructions for use. However, each person's body is individual, so the doctor should choose the most suitable remedy for warts.
Warts Removal Methods
The most effective way to get rid of skin growths is to remove them. Taking into account the type of wart, as well as its location, doctors use the following methods:
- Electrocoagulation.The effect of high frequency electric current on the surface of the neoplasm. The wart is removed under local anesthesia with a medical device called a coagulator, which cuts it off while treating the surrounding tissue.
- Cryodestruction.with liquid nitrogen - with the help of an applicator, the problem area is treated with liquid nitrogen, which freezes it and provokes the destruction of damaged cells.
- Laser therapy.Removing a wart with a laser is done through the coagulation or evaporation of skin cells. The process does not cause painful sensations and, if carried out by an experienced specialist, does not leave marks on the treated skin.
- Surgical removal of warts.It is used in a situation where warts become large clusters. The operation is performed under local anesthesia.
- Chemical removal.This is a method of destroying warts using drugs based on acids and alkalis. Such drugs are sold in the pharmacy network without the submission of a prescription, which allows treatment to be carried out independently, but after prior consultation with a doctor. During treatment, you should carefully handle the wart without affecting the surrounding tissues.
Nevertheless, if you decide to have home treatment with one or another remedy for warts, the first thing you need to do is consult a doctor for the correct diagnosis. If you do the treatment yourself, then in any case you need to stop it after the advice of a specialist.