Papillomavirus is a common name for a family of viruses that can cause papillomas and warts in the human body and cause the development of cervical or genital dysplasia.
That is why it is important to start treating the papillomavirus and the papillomas themselves early. We'll talk about how to do that in the next article.
Causes of occurrence
The main cause of the appearance and development of papilloma is HPV - the human papillomavirus. However, this is far from the only factor. Papillomas can appear as a result of the following phenomena:
- stressful or depressed states;
- decreased immunity;
- promiscuous sex or neglect of contraception;
- Alcohol abuse;
- Tendency to infectious diseases;
- persistent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- are undergoing treatment with strong medications (e. g. antibiotics).
If basic hygiene rules are not followed, the risk of neoplasms increases in public recreational areas - saunas, beaches, baths or swimming pools.
How to treat papillomas
Treatment of the papilloma with modern medicine is fairly quick and painless. There are a number of techniques for this, which differ in terms of effect, quality and cost.
In most cases, the patient can choose the method that is most suitable for him, but sometimes in difficult situations it is necessary to follow the doctor's recommendations.
This method is considered to be the most effective and safest. Its advantages include:
- no mechanical damage to the skin, eliminating the appearance of scars;
- Speed of healing;
- no bleeding after removal;
- quick removal (the procedure takes less than 1 minute);
- 100% sterility and safety;
- Painlessness due to control of exposure temperature levels.
However, not everyone can treat papillomas with a laser. Among the contraindications to this method, a woman is distinguished for pregnancy, as well as a fresh tan in the place of papilloma, cancer, viral diseases and the presence of herpes in the place of neoplasm.
Common treatments for papillomavirus include electrocoagulation. This method is used to remove various benign neoplasms on the human body and consists in applying a current to the affected area. The peculiarity of the procedure can be expressed in the following aspects:
- Since the removed material is not completely destroyed, the specialist can examine it for future dangers to the patient after the removal. For example, if there are cancer symptoms, an analysis of the material is essential.
- Suitable for all age groups and skin types.
- Constant visual control and the ability to adjust settings allow an individual approach to the organization of the procedure.
- A fairly quick procedure that takes up to 10 minutes depending on the size of the formation.
- No infection or bleeding.
- A relatively cheap method.
If electrocoagulation is not properly organized, scars can appear at the donation site and there is a high likelihood of relapse. In addition, the procedure is relatively painful and the healing time afterwards is longer than after others, up to 10 days.
To cure the papilloma so that it no longer appears, that is, to reduce the risk of relapse to a minimum, you can use liquid nitrogen.
At the beginning of the procedure, low temperatures act selectively on the damaged skin area without touching the healthy area, then the removal takes place. The effect of low temperatures starts immediately, which significantly shortens the process. In this case, the patient does not feel any pain.
Moxibustion with liquid nitrogen is not recommended only if the size of the neoplasm is more than 1 cm or if there are skin diseases next to the papilloma.
Chemistry against the virus
Medicine offers treatments for HPV and chemical methods. This option is more aggressive than others, but not most of them. It consists in the fact that the papilloma is cauterized by a strong chemical substance containing salicylic acid or a similar ingredient, after which it is covered with a crust for several days and eventually soon falls off.
Despite the fact that the method is used even to remove neoplasms on the genitals or neck, its application is painful, requires special care and significantly increases the risk of scarring and other negative consequences.
In this case, the papilloma is cut with a scalpel under local anesthesia. The main disadvantage of this technique lies in the healing process - after all, a pressure bandage is worn.
At the same time, the main advantage of the method is that it allows high-quality removal of neoplasms of any size and at any depth.
Treatment of papilloma with folk remedies
Suspicion of modern medicine and other reasons lead people to treat human papillomavirus at home. No medicine is needed for this - nature helps with everything.
Tea tree or wormwood oil have an antiviral effect. They help get rid of neoplasms due to their unique composition and regular use.
An important prerequisite is to oil the damaged area selectively in order to avoid contact with healthy areas. Regularity is also important. A quality effect can only be achieved with daily use.
You should not resort to this method if the patient has an allergy or an individual intolerance to the oil.
The celandine removal method is better than any tablet: thanks to the scalding effect of its juice, it provides a powerful effect at home. At the same time, fresh natural plant sap is the most effective option.
Cauterize the papilloma every day and, depending on its depth and size, you can get rid of it within 15-30 days.
The technique is not recommended for those with sensitive skin as the risk of irritation is high.
Why salicylic acid is effective against neoplasms:
- Suppression of the secretion of sweat and sebum glands;
- Neutralization of the focus of inflammatory processes.
To make the acid work better, before the procedure, steam the damaged area and wash it well with laundry or toilet soap. The papillomavirus responds to exposure only with regular exposure before bedtime.
Castor oil treatment
This folk method is considered to be the most effective and safest. However, it is important to work with it properly:
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil and rub the growth with massaging movements. The action should be repeated up to 5 times a day.
- For a better effect, the papilloma is closed from above with a plaster.
With the best result, it is possible to rid the skin of "buildups" within 3-5 days.
Treatment with kerosene and walnuts
A mixture of kerosene and walnuts will help get rid of a neoplasm in 7 days. It is prepared as follows:
- Take green walnuts and kerosene in a 2: 1 ratio.
- The nuts are crushed and placed in a glass filled with refined kerosene.
- The solution is well filtered and stored in a dark place.
The affected area should be treated every morning and evening.
It is recommended to use hydrogen peroxide as the main medicinal product with a multifunctional effect. There are 2 ways to treat it:
- Classic. Every day, twice a day, the papilloma is treated point by point with hydrogen peroxide as much as necessary. Sometimes the course of treatment can last up to 1 month.
- Compression. Once a day, a gauze or cotton swab is moistened with hydrogen peroxide and applied to the damaged area like a gauze. It is important to change the compress once a day.
This method has been shown to be painless and effective, but it is important to keep in mind that hydrogen can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin.
Which doctor treats papillomas?
Several specialists are involved in the treatment of papillomavirus at the same time:
- Oncologist. In order to exclude the likelihood of developing oncological diseases at the donor site or to prevent the risk of poor quality neoplasm, the oncologist conducts the primary diagnosis.
- Dermatologist or beautician. Specialists in this field are engaged in the removal of papilloma, where there is a need for cosmetic "jewelry" work - face, neck, shoulders, chest area.
- The surgeon. Complex procedures and removal methods (e. g. , surgical) must be performed by a professional surgeon to avoid complications.
- Dermatovenerologist. This specialist treats and diagnoses papillomas in the genital area.
As a rule, they turn to dermatologists for an initial diagnosis, and to the oncologist if a malignant formation is suspected.
Treatment of human papillomavirus infection is not always limited to removing neoplasms. If the virus has already spread through the body, fighting it can take a long time. Therefore, it is better to neutralize and prevent disease than to cure it. To this end, doctors have developed a number of useful preventive measures:
- Avoid bad habits, especially alcohol consumption, as much as possible.
- Always protect yourself during intercourse, including anal and oral sex. Remember to be hygienic and be careful when sharing sex toys.
- In some cases, vaccination is given. Vaccination is possible from the age of 9, it is unreactive and non-aggressive and does not require a preliminary examination.
It is also recommended that you go for routine checkups once a year to help identify the disease in its early stages. Statistics show that sexually active people by the age of 50 become infected in one way or another with one of the forms of HPV, whether active or passive.
- "The ugly papilloma on my neck prevented me from wearing clothes with bare shoulders, and I felt uncomfortable all the time. When I went to a dermatologist, he advised that I remove it with a laser - it scared me very much. Then I decided to remove the papilloma myself. I bought castor oil and rubbed the papilloma 3-5 times a day. After a couple of weeks, the papilloma began to shrink and then dried up completely. "
- "I didn't notice a papilloma in an intimate place straight away: Once there was discomfort while walking, then I was careful. I was immediately afraid and turned to gynecology. There the doctors examined everything, performed a visual analysis and concluded that the neoplasm was benign. I sighed calmly. I chose the laser removal method. The removal went quickly and did not hurt, now I am not worried about my health, but I have made a decision not to give up the planned exams.
- "A large papilloma on my leg prevented me from living for a long time: it kept rubbing my clothes and causing painful sensations. Made the decision to remove it. After the examination, the doctor said that with such large papillomas, only the method of surgical removal can be used. At first it scared me, but I had no choice. The operation was performed under general anesthesia, there was no pain. A small stain remained after removal, but it disappeared after a few weeks. I am completely satisfied. "