Skin rashes or growths in the neck area and on the face are always annoying. In addition, like benign tumors.
The first thing papillomas on the body say is that the body has HPV - the human papillomavirus. This infection is quite insidious, can be in a dormant state for many years, and manifests itself in a weakening of health, the immune system or an increase in hormones.
Risk of developing papillomatosis on the neck
The causes of papillomas on the neck are also a result of HPV activity. Sometimes their growth begins with a slight itching, burning sensation, skin irritation, and later small blisters appear, the size of which increases, in other cases the process is asymptomatic. There is both single and multiple growth. The color, shape, and size depend on the type of virus.
More often formed on the neck:
- flat papillomas- barely protruding above the skin, resemble clearly delimited rounded swellings of light brown or gray color, accompanied by tingling, itching, prone to growth;
- thread-like or hanging- have a thin base, size 1 to 5 mm, have the same skin color or are slightly darker than them, in their shape they look like moles or short threads.
From time to time it is possible to increase the number of papillomas or to dry out the existing ones.
Such neoplasms are more common in women; various factors and characteristics play a role here:
- thinner sensitive skin that can be easily injured by jewelry, closures;
- Hobby for cosmetic procedures, use of poor quality care products;
- physiological and endocrine changes, the use of drugs containing hormones.
Any growth on open body parts causes aesthetic problems and psychological complaints. But above all, what are the dangerous papillomas on the neck, the risk of their injury or degeneration into an oncological tumor. This is especially true of hanging formations that are extremely agile, easy to touch, and pinched by accessories, collars, and other items of clothing.
In the warm season, the open throat is irradiated with ultraviolet rays and sweat rays, which leads to undesirable biochemical changes.
Important!Periodic irritation and mechanical stress cause papillomas to pain, itch, become inflamed and begin to loosen, which can be complicated by subsequent secondary infections and serious dermatological problems.
How to remove papillomas on the neck
It is impossible to independently determine which of the growths are safe from cancer and which ones can become malignant and lead to cancer. For this reason, if found, dermatologists advise going to the clinic, especially if there are a lot of papillomas on the neck.
A medical examination will help confirm that the rashes are indeed papillomas, identify the type of virus that is residing in the body, and rule out the possibility of malignant degeneration of the formations. Why drooping papillomas and other types of formations appear on the neck will help determine immunological studies, hormone profile tests and identify concomitant infectious diseases.
Whether papillomas need to be removed depends on the clinical signs of the disease. If they are located in places where they come into contact with clothing, they are prone to trauma, the answer is clear - you need to get rid of them.
Cancer-prone growths are removed in a clinical setting with subsequent cytological analysis of the material obtained. You should not be guided by unverified methods and recommendations, but try to pluck annoying hanging papillomas independently.
Treatment at home is only permitted with the prior approval of a doctor. Small immobile papillomas on the neck, the size of which does not exceed 1 mm and the condition of which is not a cause for concern, are often recommended not to touch them. In these cases, systemic therapy is more successful.
It is possible to get rid of papillomas at home with the help of medicines and folk remedies. The choice of treatment depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, the degree of distribution and the type of papillomatosis. With pharmaceutical preparations, you can quickly get rid of neoplasms, but they require sufficient dexterity and dexterity. You may need someone else's help to use them.
Products based on medicinal plants, oils, and other natural ingredients are safer, but the results will take a little longer.
Pharmaceutical preparations contain complexes of chemical substances on an alkaline or acidic basis that destroy papilloma tissue - mummifying or cauterizing.
Important!Healthy skin near the formations can also be aggressively affected. You must therefore pay attention to their protection. You can use a plaster or compression paper with cut holes and generously lubricate the surface around the papillomas with fatty cream or petroleum jelly.
The period of necrosis of treated papillomas requires special attention. You shouldn't try to tear them off beforehand, it will take some time for the underlying tissue to regenerate.
It is necessary to protect the affected skin, to refuse to wear necklaces or chains as well as rigid collars. It is not recommended to seal papillomas with a patch during treatment, as this can lead to an inflammatory reaction.
If papillomas on the neck are very small, topical antiviral drugs in the form of ointments, gels, or creams can have a therapeutic effect. With regular use, they contribute to destructive changes in existing growths and prevent new ones from developing.
Scars at the site of the papilloma rejection should be protected from mechanical stress and the penetration of cosmetic particles. Try not to expose them to direct sunlight.
Removal with folk remedies
Medicines are not suitable for everyone. Their use is prohibited for pregnant and breastfeeding women, allergy sufferers, suffering from vascular and skin diseases, hypersensitivity to chemicals. In these cases, folk remedies can be used to remove papillomas on the neck. Many of them contain alkalis and acids, but in lower concentrations. This avoids irritation and burns on the skin.
Treatment with folk remedies requires more time and care. Before using natural ingredients, as well as medication, a medical examination is required.
Many medicinal plants are saturated with active ingredients that destroy papilloma cells and have an antiviral effect.
The most powerful are:
- Greater celandine. Getting rid of papillomas on your neck at home using this herb is pretty easy. Treatment is most successfully carried out by lubricating the growth with fresh milky sap of the plant every day. The result comes quickly - in 5-7 days. You can make porridge from dried herbs by chopping it and mixing it with hot water. In this case, the agent is applied to the papillomas for several hours, securing the top with a bandage. The alcohol tincture of celandine also helps reduce papillomas. She needs to moisturize the growth and use similar medicinal solutions.
- Aloe Vera Juiceis a useful and safe means of removing papillomas on the delicate skin of the throat. The cut sheet must be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, peeled and firmly strengthened on the affected area. Best at night. Papillomas appear after 10 days of daily use.
- Tea tree oil. This natural supplement is known for its antimicrobial properties. It also helps fight papillomas. You can only use real oil with no impurities and fragrances. You need to apply it drop by drop with each growth. Papillomas are naturally cauterized and go away after 2 weeks.
- Castor oil (ricin). The product is considered an unrivaled remedy for skin problems of various kinds. This is due to its rich content of retinoic acid, which stimulates the death and exfoliation of old and diseased cells. Treatment of papillomas with castor oil can be carried out by applying copious amounts of oil to the growth several times a day. Depending on the size, rejection occurs after 2-4 weeks of treatment. If there are no allergies, the throat can be completely covered with a thin layer of oil. This prevents new formations from growing.
- Laundry soap. From it you can make homemade ointment for papillomas on the neck. The crushed piece must be mixed with fresh onion or garlic juice until it is smooth and smeared with the growths, covering it with a bandage. Applications must be made overnight for a week. Soaps are high in potassium and sodium, and onions and garlic have powerful antiviral properties.
Important!When removing papillomas from the neck, it is strongly recommended to use a suture bandage. Accidental breakdown of part or all of the formation can provoke bleeding, the penetration of pathogenic bacteria into the wound and the development of inflammation.
At-home treatments should be stopped if there is a tendency for new papillomas to form, if the growth occurs not only on the neck but also on other parts of the body.
Whichever method of removing papillomas on the neck is chosen, it must be remembered that the main treatment should be aimed at eliminating the causes that caused their growth. Getting rid of HPV is completely impossible, but it is quite possible to suppress its activity.
To do this, it is necessary to pay attention to the state of health: to give up bad habits, to undergo a preventive medical examination in time, not to cause infectious and inflammatory diseases, to compensate for vitamin deficiencies, to take immunomodulators.